Southern Thailand is so beautiful with its sandy beaches, karst pinnacle mountains and warm sun. Here are our favourite photos from our time there.
- Sunset Beach, Koh Phangan – located in the Gulf of Thailand close to the islands of Koh Samui and Koh Tao.
2. Railay – A small beach town with boat-only access from Krabi and Ao Nang in south Thailand. These long-tailed boats have scarves indicating they have been blessed by monks.
3. Koh Phi Phi Don – A gorgeous island south of Phuket on the Andaman sea. Its sandy white beaches and warm waters make it a favourite. Too bad the sun wasn’t cooperating that day.
4. Leela Beach, Koh Phangan – This small, secret beach on Phangan is a hidden gem.
5. Namuang Waterfall, Koh Samui – On the Gulf of Thailand, Koh Samui has many beautiful waterfalls.
6. East Beach, Railay – These beautiful cliffs along East beach are great for rock climbing.
7. Maya Bay, Phi Phi Leh – Koh Phi Phi Leh is the smaller of the two Phi Phi islands. There are no inhabitants on this beautiful and rugged island.
8. Monkey Beach, Koh Phi Phi Don – This small beautiful beach is surrounded by large cliffs and can only be accessed by boat.
9. Phang Nga Bay – This large bay on the Andaman Sea, north of Phuket, has beautiful karst pinnacles and steep rocky islands.
10. Old Town, Phuket Town – This UNESCO World Heritage site has beautifully renovated colonial buildings.
11. Honourable Mention Phi Phi Leh – This rugged island is so impressive as you approach it by boat you can’t keep your eyes off it.