Colombia is a very diverse country. The landscape ranges from sandy Caribbean beaches to jungle covered mountains to fascinating deserts. The cities and towns have modern skyscrapers and colourful colonial homes. It’s a photographers dream. Here are our favourite pictures from our time in Colombia.
1. Picture perfect whitewashed colonial homes line narrow cobblestone streets are why Barichara is considered one of the prettiest towns in Colombia
2. Large boulders line the small sandy cove creating the gorgeous Cabo San Juan Beach in Tayrona National Park.
3. A red labyrinth of ridges and pillars in the Tatacoa Desert disappear into a green tropical forest in the distance.
4. A colourful street in Cartagena. It is so perfect it seems to be posing for this picture.
5. From the top of El Penol rock we had amazing views of the maze of water and islands that make up Guatape Reservoir.
6. We could spend hours wandering up and down the hilly streets of Guatape admiring the brightly coloured buildings.
7. A statue of Christ looks down upon the colonial city of Villa de Leyva and the surrounding valley.
8. Three days of hiking in a hot, steamy jungle were worth it for this view of the ridge top ancient ruins of the Ciudad Perdida, The Lost City.
9. A fabulous view of the elaborate Gothic church, Las Lajas, spanning across a deep green gorge.
10. The tallest palms in the world give the landscape a most unusual look.
11. A small white church stands out on a hill in the green hills surrounding Popayan.
12. The plain white colonial buildings in front of a barren, brown hill provides enough contrast to make this an interesting shot.
Coming Next: Panama Canal and the Old City
To read about more of our adventures go to Destinations.
If you like what you read, please comment or share (with credit) using the links below.