During our short trip to Bhutan we saw so many beautiful areas. The country is very picturesque with beautiful mountain scenes and interesting architecture. These our our favourite pictures from our trip.
1. Picturesque Tiger’s Nest Temple, perched on a small cliff, hundreds of meters off the ground, makes a spectacular photo and our favourite.
2. This view of Lake Tshophu with Mts. Jumolhari and Jichu Drakey reflecting off it, is one of the most beautiful scenes on the Jumolhari Yaksa trek.
3. Built at the meeting of the Mo Chhu and Po Chhu (Rivers), Phunakha Dzong has the nicest setting of all of the Fortresses in Bhutan.
4. This old meditation temple above the Tiger’s Nest Temple was built into a small hollow in the mountain. This unique setting is why we love this picture.
5. Trongsa Dzong has the second best setting of the Fortresses in Bhutan. It’s a very imposing and impressive Fortress.
6. The interior of Paro Dzong (Fortress) has both intricate detail and an imposing design. It felt magical inside.
7. The three temples that make up Kurji Lhakhang (Temple) were built hundreds of years a part, but look like they belong together.
8. We were lucky to see these monks practicing on their Dungchens (ceremonial trumpets) at their monastery in Thimphu.
9. Yaks waiting to be loaded with supplies in front of beautiful Mt. Jumolhari is a typical Himalayan scene.
10. A group of Buddhist chortens in front of these beautiful Himalayan peaks is a typical postcard view of Bhutan.
Honourable Mention – We love this picture of a Bhutanese farmer milking her yaks with a smile on her face.
If you like what you read, please share it using the links below.