Laos is a small country but has so many beautiful and unique areas it was difficult to chose our top ten, but we finally did. Here are our top 10 pictures from our time in Laos.
1. Kuang Si Waterfall, Luang Prabang – This is such a picturesque waterfall with its multiple tiers edged in large, cream coloured limestone and ending in aqua-blue pools.
2. Vang Vieng – This was a beautiful sunset behind the karst mountains and the illuminated bamboo bridge across the Nam Song River made it picture perfect.
3. Kuang Si Waterfall, Luang Prabang – The top tier of this waterfall is spectacular with dozens of small waterfalls dropping from a shear cliff, 100m above, beginning and ending at different levels in the surrounding jungle.
4. Kayaking on the Nam Ha River – The slow moving Nam Ha is a very beautiful river with a thick jungle coming right to its edges.
5. Nam Kan National Park – It was an early misty morning when we ziplined out of the treehouse, and into the jungle.
6. Thakhek – A beautiful sunset across the Mekong River with the lit-up Thai town of Nakhon Phanom on the other side.
7. Maung Ngoi – Monks returning to their monastery with their alms bowls full from the morning’s food collection.
8. Maung Ngoi – Wooden fishing boats on the banks of the mountainous Nam Ou River.
9. Luang Prabang – This historic downtown has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site because of the beautiful French colonial buildings.
10. Kong Lor – This chamber of the Kong Lor cave has been illuminated beautifully by the Park to show the features on the stalactites and stalagmites.
11. Honourable mention: Vang Vieng – The farmlands behind Vang Vieng are surrounded by beautiful Karst mountains.
If you like what you read, please share it using the links below.