During our trip to Tibet we saw so many beautiful areas. Tibet is very rich in culture, history and interesting architecture. These our our favourite pictures from our trip.
1. Potala Palace is on a hill overlooking the city of Lhasa. This photo of the majestic building reflecting off a nearby pond is our favourite picture from the trip.
2. Another incredible view of Potala Palace, this time lit up at night. It was breathtaking.
3. Jokhang Temple, built in the 7th century, is one of the most colourful and beautiful temples in Tibet.
4. This large, golden statue of Buddha with gold offering bowls was at the front of the beautiful temple in the Phalkor Monastery .
5. These pilgrims, dressed in traditional dress, doing a kora around chortens is a common sight in Tibet.
6. Intricate wooden Buddha carvings in a small temple at the Phalkor Monastery make an interesting picture.
7. The Kumbum Chorten is a beautiful piece of architecture from the 15th century.
8. The colourful awnings and roof add to the beauty of the Jokhang Temple.
9. The red buildings and gold roofs of Tashi Lhunpo Gompa add colour to the arid mountains surrounding the Monastery.
10. A Tibetan chorten sits in front of the Karola Glacier in the Tibetan Himalayas.
Honourable Mention. The gorgeous Manla Reservoir below Simila Pass with a ruin on an island in the middle and the typical arid mountains surrounding.
To see all of our pictures from Tibet click Gallery/Tibet. To see pictures from our other trips go to Gallery at monkeystale.ca For originals of any pictures please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like what you read, please share using the links below.